Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Knight of the Holy Sepulchre

On Saturday 4th June 2011 in St George's Cathedral, Southwark in London I had the great privilege of being invested as a Knight of the Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem (KHS) by Archbishop Kevin McDonald KC*HS, Archbishop Emeritus of the Archdiocese of Southwark and Grand Prior of the Lieutenancy of England & Wales.

The Investiture was the culmination of 3 years of examination of my life in the Church as well as a nihil obstat  from my diocesan bishop Seamus Cunningham. On Friday 3rd June I spent the full day with other Postulants and Investees at a seminar on the Order and its work.

Saturday began at 8.00am with a Chapter Meeting at the cathedral followed by the Investiture Mass. Straight after Mass, which ended at 12 noon, we were transported to the Great Hall of Lincolns Inn for a very splendid lunch.

I ask for your prayers that I may be a worthy member of this ancient Order which was formed at the time of the First Crusade in the 11th Century. 

No comments:

Post a Comment